Saturday, January 9, 2010

An ode to Elizabeth

When I lived in Hawaii my friends Kim and Elizabeth decided to have a hotdog night. Eat hotdogs every way we had ever eaten them. Macaroni and cheese, broiled with mashed potatoes and cheese on top and the strangest way I have ever heard, slaw dawgs. Elizabeth is from the south and she says they have hot dogs with cole slaw on top. I thought it was odd, but they were good. Just last night, on the food channel's program "The Best Thing I Ever Ate," one of the guys talked about slaw dawgs. He talked about the best place to get them was a restaurant in South Carolina. So, there you go Elizabeth. I now believe you about the slaw dawgs!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

And they are totally fabulous too huh????

Anonymous said...

lol...I remember that--I was w/you guys one 'hotdog night' when Elizabeth brought along some slaw & was telling us about the slaw-dogs. --I'm not much for coleslaw, but I do like the way you taught use w/the mased potatos & cheese on top--Have made them since...Leka's fav :)

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about hot dog night! I'm sure glad I have you guys to remember things for me. Good times. I miss Hawaii! (At least we all saw each other more there.) Should we all move back? ;-)